Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Another Houston restaurant suddenly closes: Neighborhood spot serves its last meal. A popular chef and a new menu weren't enough to lure diners to Lowbrow.
2. Wave of closings continues as Galleria-area seafood restaurant shutters. Despite efforts to broaden its appeal, Peska closed after service Wednesday night.
3. First taste: French bistro stands good chance of breaking restaurant curse with classic fare. Veteran chef Manuel Pucha and his brothers Victor and Cristian have opened Maison Pucha Bistro in the Heights.
4. Houston restaurateur bringing all-day classic diner to Washington Ave. Benjy's on Washington will close in December to transform into a new diner called The Classic - All Day.
5. Houston Methodist looks to the future as Rendezvous gala brings in record-breaking $3 million. KPRC news anchor Dominique Sachse emceed the event that kicked off a $500 million fundraising campaign.