Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Houston steakhouse named among 10 best restaurants in the U.S. One of the city's steakhouses was named on a list of the best fine dining restaurants in TripAdvisor's annual Traveler's Choice Awards.
2. High-end heist: Thieves break into new Tom Ford store at luxe shopping center. Find out more about how sneaky burglars managed to enter the luxury retailer's store at River Oaks District and take off with the goods.
3. Houston Grand Opera opening night soirée, complete with daggers, is a gala to remember. Get the inside scoop on the lavish party that followed the Houston Grand Opera's opening night production of Tosca.
4. Best Halloween costumes: From Drake to Donald Trump, Kardashian mag cover — and more. Find Halloween inspiration with CultureMap's list of fantastic costumes to commemorate some of the more significant pop-cultural events and figures of the last year.
5. Inside Houston's most interesting homes: AIA Home Tour showcases spectrum of what's happening now. Take a look inside the nine beautifully designed homes featured in this year's AIA Annual Home Tour.