This Week's Hot Headlines
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. Harvey Survivor's Guilt: Untouched by hurricane, everything is fine — but it really isn't. University of Houston-Downtown professor Abby Koenig shares a moving personal essay about the guilt she feels over getting through Harvey unscathed.
2. Hurricane Harvey winners and losers: Storm brings out the best, worst, and most clueless instincts. Editor-in-chief Clifford Pugh's analysis of which local people and organizations fared better or worse during the storm proved controversial with some commenters, but most people appreciated his honest opinions.
3. Houston Restaurant Weeks is extended throughout September. Adding another month to HRW allows the event to raise even more money for the Houston Food Bank, which has kicked into overdrive to help Harvey relief efforts.
4. Support Harvey relief efforts by dining at these Houston restaurants. These special menus and dishes allow people to eat well and do good.
5. Austin billionaire with Houston ties pledges $36 million to Harvey relief fund. Houston native Michael Dell and his wife Sarah aim to raise more than $100 million for the Rebuild Texas Fund.