This Week's Hot Headlines
Houston dog park horror stories and a massive new patio bar lead this week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Readers respond to Ken Hoffman's dog park disaster in Bellaire. Our columnist found he isn't the only person who's had a negative experience at one of Houston's dog parks.
2. Houston's next great patio bar coming to a historic building in Rice Military. A fourth generation Houstonian, backed by a group of local investors, has launched an ambitious plan to transform a historic building into a massive new patio bar.
3. Ken Hoffman blasts Harris County leadership for abandoning the Astrodome. Leaving the Dome to rot is unacceptable; it should be fixed up or torn down, Ken Hoffman writes.
4. Surprising Texas ZIP code is one of hottest neighborhoods in the U.S. Sorry, Houston, but the state's most sought-after neighborhood is in Arlington.
5. Better Luck Tomorrow duo uncorks exciting new Montrose wine bar. Penny Quarter features a wine list selected by Justin Vann and (coming soon) a "nutritious" menu created by co-owner Justin Yu.