This Week's Hot Headlines
Houston Restaurant Weeks newcomers and the next One Fifth lead this week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston Restaurant Weeks 2019 serves up 11 can't-miss newcomers. When the month-long charity dining event kicks off August 1, diners will be able to visit first-time participants such as B.B. Italia, La Lucha, and Verandah.
2. Chris Shepherd keeps things close to home for the new version of One Fifth. The fourth iteration of the chef's revolving restaurant will feature Gulf Coast cuisine "from Texas to Florida, earth to ocean."
3. West U Roman-inspired pizzeria folds after less than a year. Pizza Motus seemed to have a lot going for it, but the restaurant never quite caught on.
4. Houston's Instagram-worthy interactive art exhibit suddenly closes after owner's death. FOMO Factory's exhibits in both Houston and Austin closed after the sudden death of founder Rachel Youens.
5. Cult-favorite salad chain opens first Texas outpost in Rice Village. Sweetgreen will bring its sophisticated salads and $1 billion valuation to Houston starting July 23.