Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Heights wine bar's exit leads 3 Houston restaurant closings to know right now. Rising rents and other challenges mean three more Houston restaurants are closing their doors.
2. Posh new Boulevard Oaks tower replaces controversial Ashby high-rise. Aimed at downsizing empty nesters and single-family-home owners, the project promises “the valet and concierge services of a five-star hotel and the craftsmanship of a custom home.”
3. Exciting new all-day Mediterranean cafe dishes out much-anticipated opening date in East End. The cafe's chefs bring impressive resumes to their new endeavor.
4. 16 best new Houston restaurants compete for coveted Tastemakers title. Is it bragging if we point out that two former winners, Blood Bros. BBQ and Xin Chao, are currently James Beard Award finalists?
5. 2 Houston neighbors named some of America's most livable small cities in 2022. The analysis compared 286 cities across 11 metrics related to home affordability, job opportunities, health care accessibility, income equality, and entertainment density.