This Week's Hot Headlines
Disney's plan to help sick kids and surprising sushi shutter lead top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Texas Children's Hospital launches $100M initiative with Walt Disney Company. The five year initiative is designed to help reinvent the experience of children's hospitals around the world.
2. Washington Avenue sushi spot suddenly shutters after only 6 months. Despite the presence of a chef who worked at a Michelin-starred restaurant in New York, Kukuri didn't last.
3. Downtown Houston's new food hall takes shape with 4 big names. Concepts from Goode Co., Dish Society, Love Buzz, and Harold's in the Heights are all coming to Finn Hall later this year.
4. These 8 bartenders are the mix masters behind Houston's best drinks. Our Tastemaker Awards Bartender of the Year nominees are a talented bunch.
5. This genius app maps the best places for crawfish in Houston. Available for both iOS and Android, The Crawfish App tracks prices, sizes, and availability at over 1,000 locations across the Gulf Coast.