Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Ken Hoffman stumbles onto a Texas DPS license renewal myth. Our columnist learned that going to a DPS office in a small town doesn't necessarily mean a shorter wait for service.
2. This brainy Houston ZIP code declared the smartest in Texas. No surprise that 77030, home to the Texas Medical Center, has the state's highest percentage of residents with postgraduate or professional degrees.
3. Popular Houston late-night dining restaurant serves up hot new Heights locale. Katz's Deli & Bar will brings its sky-high sandwiches and cheesecake shakes to a new location near the Heights H-E-B.
4. Nobie's dynamic duo surprises Montrose with spirited new hidden bar. Quiote provides Houstonians with a place for late night pozole and mezcal cocktails.
5. Acclaimed Chinese hot pot soup shop stirs up first Houston-area location. HaiDiLao will be the next global restaurant to make its Texas debut in Katy.