Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 3 hottest Houston neighborhoods for 2019 predicted by real estate authority. MacGregor, South Acres-Crestmont Park, and Second Ward are poised to become “some of the most desirable places in the country in the coming year,” according to Redfin.
2. Exclusive details revealed for anticipated boutique hotel coming to the Heights. Owner Ben Ackerley shares his vision for Maison Robert, the boutique hotel he wants to open on 20th Street.
3. Where to eat in Houston right now: 10 best new restaurants for January. Killen's TMX, Elliot's Table, and Neyow's Creole Cafe lead our list of new restaurants to try.
4. Houstonian makes dazzling debut at International Debutante Ball. Catherine Fields Coselli wore a classic “Langham” gown (by designer Anne Barge) of Italian silk kalika and executed a flawless “Texas Dip” for her debut at the 64th International Debutante Ball.
5. Pivotal downtown Houston complex transforms into walkable, mixed-use greenspace. Brookfield Properties has significant and exciting changes in the works for the historic Houston Center.