This Week's Hot Headlines
Sudden Montrose pizza shutter and celebrity crawfish faux pas lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Acclaimed pizza restaurant suddenly calls it quits in Montrose. "Staff turnover and service challenges" caused the Montrose location of Cane Rosso to close, but its Heights outpost remains open.
2. Watch Andrew Zimmern's crazy crawfish move on new Houston episode of Travel Channel show. The celebrity chef led a greatest hits tour of Houston food on the Zimmern List, but his decision to eat crawfish with the shell still on had us scratching our heads.
3. Ronnie Killen's highly anticipated Mexican restaurant now open in Pearland. Mixing classic Tex-Mex fare with traditional Mexican dishes has newly opened Killen's TMX off to a strong start.
4. New Southern-style seafood restaurant flies into The Heights. The owners of Rodeo Goat and The Flying Saucer have brought their seafood restaurant Flying Fish to a former tire shop at the corner of Durham Drive and 19th Street.
5. Houston declared one of the world's best places to visit in 2019. Attractions like the Johnson Space Center and renovations at the Museum of Fine Arts prompted Bloomberg to rank the Bayou City with places like Bhutan and Hong Kong on its Where to Go in 2019 list.