All the mouthwatering food and drinks you'll find at The Tailgate
Attention, sports fans: The Tailgate is almost here. CultureMap Houston's newest signature event is happening October 27 at Silver Street Studios, and you'll want to be there.
Why? Because even if you aren't a football fanatic, hockey hound, soccer supporter, or basketball and baseball buff, you're probably a big fan of fantastic local food and drinks.
Here's what's on the menu:
- 2021 Tastemaker Awards Restaurant of the Year winner Street to Kitchen will be serving sai oua, a spicy northern Thai sausage.
- d'Alba Craft Kitchen & Cocktails, the 2022 Tastemaker Awards Best New Restaurant winner, is presenting its Falcon Lakes Bolognese.
- Tastemaker Awards 2020 Best Pizza winner Pizaro’s Pizza Napoletana is bringing Truffalo Wing Pizza Bites.
- chicken wings from Sticky's Chicken
- pulled pork tostadas from Chef Jake Gober of Silver Whisk Elite (who also happens to be JJ Watt's former personal chef)
- hummus, pita chips, and veggie sticks with Labneh ranch from Craft Pita
- queso arancini, elotes, and mini hotdogs from Heights & Co.
- brisket sliders from Daily Gather
- pretzels and queso from Dish Society
- smoked pork yakisoba from Ramen Tatsu-Ya
- cochinita pibil sausage wraps from J-Bar-M
- chicken barbacoa tacos and drunken pulled pork BBQ sliders from Bayou & Bottle at the Four Seasons
- drunken pineapple-glazed brisket from Loro Asian Smokehouse & Bar
- assorted kolaches from Kolache Shoppe
Whole Foods Market will have a game-day catering spread and a variety of 365 favorites for tailgating — learn all about their delicious options here.
Cast your vote on-site to choose the best tailgate dish, and we’ll announce the winner at the end of the event.
To wet your whistle, there will be signature cocktails by 1800 Tequila and Dripping Springs Vodka — just wait until you taste the Sideline Rita and QB Crusher — plus Austin Cocktails and beer from 11 Below Brewing. You'll also get to vote for your favorite drink in the cocktail competition hosted by Dripping Springs Vodka.
Aside from the concessions, expect game-day activities and fun yard games, the chance to snap pics with the Houston Texans cheerleaders, and there just might be appearances from your favorite athletes, who will be shining a spotlight on the sports-related nonprofits they support and giving you the chance to pitch in and make a difference for the causes they champion.
Get your tickets now, and use promo code FOOD15 to get $15 off tickets. We’ll see you on October 27.