Political payola: The best election day restaurant deals — from discounts tooutright free food
Voting is its own reward, but since the chance to elect the leader of the free world comes only once every four years, there's no shame in rewarding yourself for supporting democracy.
After you hit the polls, don't forget to get an "I Voted" sticker (OK, maybe that option is out), or hold on to your poll receipt, as restaurants around town are offering freebies, discounts and other delicious rewards to civic-minded diners.
Red or blue, we can all agree it's good to kick back and save a little green.
- Viva la vote! At The Tasting Room locations, patrons with a voting sticker can get a "Garnacha by the Glass" for $5.
- Max's Wine Dive will also offer voters a glass of garnacha for $5 along with several $5 and $10 wine by the glass options — including bubbly — along with other election day specials.
- The Capitol at St. Germain is giving voters a free dessert for election day (dine-in only).
- Everyone wearing an "I Voted" sticker that spends $10 at RA Sushi will receive a complimentary California roll.
- Ooh La La Dessert Boutique will give all customers with proof of voting one free mini-cupcake until they run out.
- Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen, Phil's Wine Lounge (the new downstairs bar at Philippe Restaurant), and the bar at Sullivan's Steakhouse are all offering happy hour pricing all night long for those with an "I Voted" sticker or receipt.