Free live concerts amp up spring at Houston's Avenida Plaza
Few things signal spring in Houston like the return of Party on the Plaza, the free live concert series presented by Houston First Corporation that runs Friday evenings in April and May.
This year the fun starts April 14 and continues through May 19, bringing a range of music that's as diverse as Houston itself. Expect to hear rock, R&B, Latin, pop, country, and more from 7-9 pm each Friday at Avenida Plaza, downtown's entertainment destination.
While there, snap a pic at the 12-foot selfie display that's surrounded by festive lighting, or duck into one of the delectable restaurants that line the pedestrian plaza.
This year’s Party on the Plaza lineup includes:
- Friday, April 14 — The C.I.T.Y. A musical voyage of funk, hip hop, soul, R&B, and more.
- Friday, April 21 — Stuart Adams Collective. A genre-defying sound that takes inspiration from the likes of Miles Davis, Robert Glasper, and Erykah Badu.
- Friday, April 28 — The Number One Party Band. Playing everything from classic Motown and R&B to the '80s and today's Top 40 hits.
- Friday, May 5 — Bulbo. The perfect blend of music in English and Spanish.
- Friday, May 12 — Tom Sandoval & The Most Extras. An eclectic group of fun, sing-a-long cover songs that you can’t help but dance to. Openers are Z’maji Glamouratti & Lone Star Discoteq, an ultimate live band experience celebrating dance music’s illustrious past and glittering future.
- Friday, May 19 — Mustache The Band. A powerful performance of all your favorite country hits from the 1990s.
Learn more about Party on the Plaza and see a complete lis of eateries, shops, and parking info here.