Links We Love
Stupid American tricks: Dentist flies to wrong country; student trapped in vagina sculpture
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. American dentist sues British Airways for sending him to Grenada (in the Caribbean) instead of Granada (Spain). We can't decide what is more unbelievable in this story — that the passenger never checked the destination on his ticket or that some people still use travel agents to book flights.
2. Author banks royalties after Stephen King fans unwittingly buy her book. Speaking of name-based confusion, Emily Schultz wrote a novel called Joyland in2006. Last year, Stephen King penned a tome by the same title. An unexpected windfall of royalty checks ensued, prompting Schultz to start the Tumblr Spending The Stephen King Money.
3. American student rescued from giant vagina sculpture. It took the efforts of 22 firefighters to pry a male American exchange student from a vagina sculpture in Germany. The student was photographed while wedged inside the red marble structure, which weighs 32 tons.
4. Daughter's adorable letter to Google gets her dad a week of summer vacation. The working world can be a grind, especially at technology giants like Google. But never underestimate the power of crayon and kid-logic to score some time off.
5. Dads respond to Disney's Frozen with catchy tune of their own. In this Disney-themed parody video, two dads explain their love-hate relationship with children's movies. The song is resonating with parents everywhere, and, ironically, it will probably get stuck in your head for the next week.