Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Josh Hamilton and C.J. Wilson remind us why we hate them. This Old Spice spot is Head & Shoulders ahead of the competition for annoying things Josh Hamilton has done since leaving the Texas Rangers.
2. Carnival Triumph is hell bent on drifting at sea. You remember the Carnival Triumph, right? Well, the vacation vessel from hell apparently has an indomitable/undockable spirit. The boat broke free from the shores of Mobile, Alabama, on April 3.
3. Beyoncé reveals new dance moves in a Pepsi commercial. Yes, it's shameless commercialization, but it's also Beyoncé dancing. 1.4 million views in 24 hours.
4. Kid President visits the White House. If you're not familiar with the awesomeness that is Kid President, then acquaint yourself here. Just know that President Barack Obama is impressed by the pint-sized POTUS. "Trying to balance being president and being in the third grade, that's a lot to handle," Obama says. "But you're doing well."
5. Thirteen things Roger Ebert said better than anybody else. The movie world lost a giant April 4, but so did the general public. Ebert's words of wisdom transcend the big screen.
The funeral service for Ebert will be held Monday at 10 a.m. at Holy Name Cathedral in Chicago. One Ebert fan has proposed that at that moment, share your fond feelings for the film critic by tweeting his favorite e-mail sign-off, "Cheers Roger," and add the hash tag: #Roger Ebert.
6. Mark Zuckerberg's first website surfaces. And now you know that the genius behind Facebook once called himself "Slim Shady" and had a penchant for magnetic poetry.