No fooling — Houston SPCA's spring open house is happening April 1
Mar 27, 2023 | 12:30 pm
Animal lovers, mark your calendar for April 1. That's when the Houston SPCA is hosting its April Open House — the largest one to date — from 12-4 pm.
You can learn more about the Houston SPCA's important work in the community, and maybe even adopt a new furry feline or cuddly canine.
Spend the afternoon on Houston SPCA's William and Evelyn Griffin Campus for All Animals enjoying these fun-filled activities and events:
- Egg hunts, noon and 2 pm: Little ones (0-2 and 3-5 years) should bring their baskets for a first-come, first-served hunt all around the Houston SPCA Dog Parks.
- Barn Chats, 1 pm and 3:30 pm: Meet the award-winning Equine and Farm Animal Team and watch demonstrations with a rescued equine in the Houston SPCA Rescue Arena.
- Wildlife Chats, 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm: Meet a wildlife expert and ambassador birds in the Harper Courtyard to learn more about the 12,000 wild animals who come into the Houston SPCA’s Wildlife Center of Texas annually.
- Kitten nursery: Watch orphaned kittens receive lifesaving care, including around-the-clock feedings, from inside a glass-walled room at this pop-up version of the neonatal unit. Held at the Adoption Center Cattery.
- Eureka Heights Beer Garden samplings: Those 21 and up can toast to all creatures big and small in the Harper Courtyard.
- Kona Ice snow cones: Head to the Adoption Center parking lot for one icy treat per guest, or while supplies last.
- Prize wheel: Try your luck at this spinning game in the Harper Courtyard.
The adoption center will be open from 11 am-6 pm that day, but don't stress if you can't make it then. Adoptions are also open daily Monday through Sunday from 11 am-6 pm.
You can view all the available pets in advance at www.houstonspca.org. Questions? Call 713-869-SPCA (7722).