this week's hot headlines
Astros' golden day and healthy salad chain's new Houston spots lead week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Fresh and healthy national salad restaurant tosses in 2 new Houston-area locations. The Arizona-based restaurant has opened five locations since February.
2. Lords of the rings: Houston Astros level up with World Series Championship bling, Lyle Lovett, and Paul Wall. The team commemorated their victory with massive rings.
3. Star Houston chef Aaron Bludorn reveals new tavern for familiar Memorial space. The chef says he wants to open a place where he and his wife could go on a date.
4. Crane flies have landed ever so lightly in Houston, which means one thing. It's a sign that freezing temps are over for now.
5. Houston's 11 best bartenders stir up superb sips and stellar service. These bar stars make great drinks and make everyone feel welcome.