Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Iconic Heights club closes after 42 years with rocking set of farewell shows. Thousands of legendary acts have taken the stage at Fitzgerald's, but it all comes to an end on December 31.
2. Houston's premier pancake purveyor suddenly shutters. Sadly, Fountain View Cafe has flipped its last flapjack.
3. Controversial chef Paul Qui will shutter his Montrose restaurant — but he's not leaving Houston. Aqui will serve its last meal on December 23, but chef-owner Paul Qui and chef de cuisine Jillian Bartolome plan to open a new restaurant in a new location sometime in 2019.
4. Ken Hoffman's best memories of his legendary tennis partner President George H.W. Bush. Our columnist shares the unlikely story of how an embarrassing injury led to a close friendship with President Bush.
5. Where to watch President George H.W. Bush's train procession to College Station. From Spring to College Station, thousands of Texans stood along the railway to pay their final respects to America's 41st president.