Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston pipeline heirs strike it rich as wealthiest family in Texas. With a fortune estimated at $26 billion, FamilyMinded.com has identified Houston's Duncan family as the state's wealthiest family.
2. Allen Parkway transforms into rolling river in dramatic new video. Our content partner ABC13 shared drone footage of a person on a jet ski navigating a swollen Buffalo Bayou during last week's storms.
3. Houston billionaire Tilman Fertitta acquires luxurious steakhouse chain. Buying Del Frisco's means that Landry's, Inc now operates three high-end steakhouses within a mile or so of each other: Morton's at Post Oak and Westheimer, Mastro's at The Post Oak, and Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse in the Galleria.
4. The Who abruptly postpones midway through electric Toyota Center performance. "We'll come back as soon as we can," Pete Townshend said, after the band cut its set short after only several songs.
5. Where to eat in Houston right now: 10 best new restaurants for fall. Four new establishments in Montrose lead this month's list of new restaurants to try.