Supermarket chain recalls several fajita and beef products throughout Texas
Before you throw those juicy-looking beef fajitas on the grill for your holiday cookout, better check the SKU number on the package. H-E-B officials issued a statewide precautionary recall of numerous beef market items due to the possible presence of foreign materials. The brands include H-E-B's Hill Country Fare and Mi Comida sold at H-E-B, with some items also sold at Central Market stores.
No illnesses have been reported, company officials said. Customers who purchased an affected product can return it to the store for a full refund.
The following products with are impacted by this voluntary recall from stores all over Texas.
Retail Vacuum Sealed Packages with sell-by dates of 7/4/2014 and 7/5/2014 of the following products:
• Hill Country Fare Beef Fajitas RP UPC beginning with 220344
• H-E-B Seasoned Beef Fajitas UPC beginning with 220736
• Mi Comida Beef Skirt Steak For Fajitas (Bulk Package) UPC beginning with 222322
• Mi Comida Beef Skirt Steak For Fajitas UPC beginning with 222340
• Hill Country Fare Beef Fajitas UPC beginning with 224234
• Texas BBQ Rub Style Beef Skirt UPC beginning with 238715
Retail Vacuum Sealed Packages with sell-by date of 6/24/2014 of the following product:
• Beef for Stew Meat UPC beginning with 222835
Retail Vacuum Sealed Packages with sell-by date of 6/27/2014 of the following product:
• H-E-B Seasoned Beef For Carne Guisada UPC beginning with 220595
Retail Packaged Styrofoam tray products with packed on dates of 6/9/2014 through 6/28/2014 of the following products:
• Stew meat RP UPC beginning with 220595
• Stew meat VP UPC beginning with 220621
• Beef for Stew UPC beginning with 221776
• Beef for Stew Meat VP UPC beginning with 222832
• Beef for Stew Meat Tenderized UPC beginning with 222836
“H-E-B is committed to the highest standards of food safety for our customers,” Winell Herron, group vice president of public affairs, said in a statement. “We take every precaution necessary to ensure the integrity and quality of the products sold in our stores.”
For questions concerning a purchase, customers can call H-E-B Customer Relations at 1-800-432-3113.