This Week's Hot Headlines
The cost of living comfortably and Tastemaker Awards winners top this week's stories
It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. This is how much you need to make to live comfortably in Houston. Houston is one of the two Lone Star cities where the median salary is lower than the magic "comfortability number" calculated by a new study.
2. Best New Restaurant finale features intimate Montrose newcomer versus Memorial rising star. Nobie's Cinderella run through the Tastemaker Awards Best New Restaurant tournament came to an end when State Fare edged it out in a close vote.
3. Houston Tastemaker Awards winners revealed: Big champ snags Restaurant, Bar, and Chef of the Year. At Tuesday night's Tastemaker Awards party, emcee Bryan Caswell revealed that Agricole Hospitality won Restaurant of the Year (Colitvare), Chef of the Year (Ryan Pera), and Bar of the Year (Eight Row Flint).
4. Where to Drink Now: 11 new Houston bars just right for spring sipping and lounging around. From downtown to the east side to Midtown, we rounded up 11 new bars you won't want to miss.
5. Sneak peek: Star Fish debuts with fresh take on seafood, dreamy french fries, and killer martinis. Cherry Pie Hospitality opened Star Fish, its new seafood restaurant, this week.