This Week's Hot Headlines
Fun new party restaurants and warehouse wedding lead the week's most popular stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. First look at Upper Kirby ice house that offers something for everyone, including a one acre backyard. The brainchild behind Little Woodrow's reveals plans for a bigger and more refined ice house.
2. Popular Texas comfort food and cocktails spot launches second location near The Galleria. After looking for the right location for two years, the former Texadelphia near Deal's Tex-Mex institution El Patio will soon become a new Beaver's.
3. New tequila and tacos joint set to rock Midtown eat and drink scene. A new restaurant modeled after Big Star restaurant in Chicago is taking the space of the former Cook & Collins.
4. Reality TV win hasn't translated into dollars for Houston restaurant — yet. Upscale South African restaurant Peli Peli won a $1.25 million investment from a celebrated restaurateur on national TV, but it didn't exactly pan out.
5. Traditional wedding takes on rollicking atmosphere as young couple books a warehouse. When Rachel Brill Lipshutz attended a party at Silver Street Studios, she knew that she wanted her upcoming wedding to Scott Lipshutz to be held in the vast expanse and the couple made it happen.