this week's hot headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Where to eat right now: A tasting of Houston's 7 best bagel shops. With so much social media chatter about two new bagel shops, we decided to visit the places that have been doing it right for years.
2. West U. welcomes new Italian restaurant from 17-year Da Marco veteran. Nicolas Nikic is serving his take on classic Italian fare at Magdalena's.
3. Staple Heights restaurant closing this weekend after 10 years on 19th St. The restaurant will serve its last brunch this Sunday, March 3.
4. Blake Shelton — and surprise guest Gwen Stefani — kick off RodeoHouston 2024. The first night of RodeoHouston seems to always have a certain nervous magic to it.
5. Ken Hoffman tells the incredible true story of interviewing Bob Marley. "The day I met Bob Marley still is the strangest, oddest, scariest, most-fun-to-tell interview of my life," Ken writes.