This Week's Hot Headlines
Houston's worst dishes and hot new restaurants lead the week's top stories
Editor's note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. The worst dishes of 2015: Houston restaurants produced some real clunkers. Food Editor Eric Sandler gives the rundown on the city's worst dishes this year, including some sub-par barbecue and doughy bagels.
2. Owners who sold steakhouse chain to Houston billionaire plan new River Oaks restaurant of their own. Get the inside scoop on the new steakhouse that will soon be neighbors with some of Houston's hottest stores at River Oaks District.
3. Underrated Houston chef plans to transform "Woodlands of the South" into new dining mecca. The former executive chef at Kris Bistro is planning to expand his culinary influence with a new restaurant in Friendswood.
4. Houston tops New York in national critic's rankings of Best Food Cities in America. Find out why the Washington Post's food critic deems the Bayou City as one of the country's best food cities.
5. The Big Short's star-studded look at housing market collapse is so funny it hurts. Check out Alex Bentley's review of this star-studded comedy.