This exclusive dinner -- which will accommodate up to 16 guests — and the tasting event will showcase the winemaker's varieties that are now available through Block 7.
Among the Ezio Trinchero wines - as described by Charles -- that will be served at the two events and now available through Block 7's retail outlet are:
- Bianco - A blend of Malvasia and Arneis that's macerated on its skins for at least three weeks. It's classified as an orange wine.
- Dolcetto - A massive rendition of Dolcetto, which is against the norm, and is to be consumed with rich food or red meat as opposed to lighter dishes or easy drinking.
- Barbera - Displays the typical power and balance of Trinchero - but lacks the complexity and depth that one finds in Trinchero's Vigne del Noce. Among the great values of the Piedmont.
- '03 Barbera Vigne del Noce - Extremely balanced, deep and elegant. From a unique, old vine vineyard planted in 1929 that still maintains its original vines. Only the best fruit goes into any wine with this label. Produced through a long fermentation in Slavonian-oak barrels and is bottle aged for years prior to release.
- '99 Vigne del Noce, 7 Anni di Castagno - Aged for seven years in chestnut barrels. It's an extraordinary expression of Piedmont rarely seen in the United States, let alone within the Piedmont.
The wine dinner is on March 24 and the free wine tasting is on March 26, from 12 - 3 p.m.
Block 7 Wine Company
720 Shepherd Dr.
Houston, TX 77007
Wine dinner is $90; wine tasting is free
All events are subject to change due to weather or other concerns. Please check with the venue or organization to ensure an event is taking place as scheduled.