Nuit Blanche Houston
Downtown Houston will be under Nuit Blanche’s spell from noon to midnight with unique installations dotted around City Hall and the Houston Public Library. With site-specific performances, projections, and installations in unexpected public spaces, the festival transforms the city into an artistic playground. This unique celebration will engage both highly regarded international artists and local luminaries as well as school children.
The following artists will be featured:
- Yona Friedman (French, 2018 Austrian Kiesler Prize for Architecture and the Arts)
- JR (French, 2018 Oscar Nominee, Named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2018)
- Hakima El Djoudi (French, Algerian)
- Olivier Modr (French, based in Houston)
- Partnerships with local institutions and local artists (Houston Public Library, Houston Grand Opera, Musiqa, Houston Center for Photography, The Lyric Market, Downtown District)