Next Iteration Theater Company presents Next Iteration Presents
Many events have been canceled or postponed due to coronavirus concerns. Please check with the organization before going to any event.
Next Iteration Theater Presents grew out of the company's desire to share the space of the MATCH during their Core Company devised work rental time. The series offers performers of various genres the space for their performances.
- July 13: Ophelia's Rope and Friends - Ophelia's Rope is a two-person long form improv group that takes its inspiration from you. That’s right, you. A typical show is kicked off by Ophelia’s Rope asking its audience one or two random questions, proceeding to morph the answers into a setting, plot, and duo of unexpected, and sometimes quirky, characters. With no story predicted, no ending forecasted, Ophelia’s Rope wanders the worlds of imagination, coloring surprising scenes their audiences inspired.
- July 16: Meta-Four Houston vs Houston VIP: Send off Poetry Slam - Witness this head-to-head competition as two of Houston’s major poetry slam teams battle it out before jetting off to the Brave New Voices International Poetry Slam.
- July 17: Next Iteration Conversation with Armando Silva and Movement for Actors - NITC Board Member and dancer/choreographer, Armando Silva, will present an energizing full body experience. We will explore movement to its fullest physical, intellectual and emotional potential. Drawing from 30 years of experience and training in classical and ethnic dance forms, yoga, Pilates, and the Gyrokinesis Method, the class will connect the mind, soul, and body while helping to build strength and stamina.
- July 18: Driven Theatre Company's Race Exchange - People from all walks of life - Democrat, Republican, old, young, male, female, rich, poor - coming together to embrace and engage around the discussion of race will happen in this conversation. The evening will involve an open discussion around a "hard" question related to race that can only be discussed when a safe space has been established. The conversation will continue with a group selected genre used to create pieces that speak to the views represented in the group. No performance experience required, everyone welcome with the only requirement to have an interest in an honest, open discussion about race. The conversation will be lead by Rachel Dickson, the founding Artistic Director of Driven Theater and a Licensed Master of Social Work with a sincere interest in using theater to discuss issues and didactic content.
- July 22: Tabla Houston Concert featuring Pandit Shantilal Shah, Anuraag Shah, & Shrimati Aparna Shah - Tabla Guru Shri Shantilal Shah is a worthy disciple of Taal Yogi Pandit Suresh Talwalkar. He has been performing and teaching Tabla and Indian Classical Music for more than 30 years. He is a scholar with extensive knowledge of the Tabla and has performed with many of the greatest names in Indian Classical Music. Anuraag Shah is the son and disciple of Shri Shantilal Shah. He began learning at the age of 3 and is an accomplished performer. Together, they will present a thrilling performance showcasing the dynamic qualities and beauty of the Tabla. Following this will be a Vocal performance by Smt. Aparna Shah - a classically trained vocalist from India and a disciple of Pandita Smt. Padma Talwalkar. With a voice that is both powerful and soothing, her singing contains a warmth and energy that enriches her music and leaves a lasting impression on audiences. She will be presenting classical pieces meant for the evening time, a unique concept in Indian music
- July 24: Wordsmyth Theater's 10th Anniversary Reading Celebration - Wordsmyth Theater will present their current work from Houston playwrights whose plays were presented by Wordsmyth in the past, including scenes from works in progress, shorts and monologues.
- July 28: T.R.U.T.H. Project featuring He Loves Her: A Tribute to James Baldwin & Nina Simone