The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston presents Five Funny French Films
The 8th annual edition of this popular film series includes performances by many popular French actors, including brief roles by Emmanuelle Riva and Johnny Hallyday that offer great tributes to two iconic talents. This event is part of the French Cultures Festival coordinated by the Cultural Service of the French Embassy in Houston.
Schedule of films
- March 23: Rock’n Roll - A middle-aged filmmaker goes overboard trying to stay “young” in this comedy starring Guillaume Canet, Marion Cotillard, and the late Johnny Hallyday.
- March 24 (7 pm): Lost in Paris (Paris pieds nus) - In this delightful story infused with oddball charm, a Canadian librarian searches for her missing octogenarian aunt in Paris.
- March 24 (8:45 pm): Kiss Me (Embrasse-moi!) - Océanerosemarie is convinced she’s met the woman of her dreams - and not for the first time.
- March 25 (3 pm): Penny Pincher (Radin!) - A talented concert violinist and renowned cheapskate learns about a teen daughter he never knew existed - and she thinks he’s a generous philanthropist.
- March 25 (5 pm): Family Heist (Mes trésors) - Jean Reno stars as a high-profile burglar who reconciles with his two daughters to assist him with a heist involving a rare Stradivarius violin.