Moonstruck Drive-In Cinema at East River
Moonstruck Drive-In Cinema at East River will give Houstonians a contactless cinema experience under the stars on the site of Midway’s 150-acre East River development.
Feature films will be projected on a 40-foot by 80-foot structure made of shipping containers, offering a uniquely rustic atmosphere to complement the nostalgic drive-in theatre vibe. Audio will be broadcast through an FM transmitter to car stereos.
Food and beverages will be available for contactless purchase from local food trucks and Historic Fifth Ward and East End establishments, including The New Potato, The Funnel Bar, and more. Portable restrooms will be available for responsible use, and guests are encouraged to wear masks and practice social distancing protocols.
- December 4: Half Brothers (7 pm) and Krampus (9:30 pm)
- December 6: Half Brothers
- December 11: Hook (7 pm) and Half Brothers (10 pm)
- December 12: Die Hard (7 pm) and Half Brothers (10 pm)
- December 18: The Polar Express (7 pm) and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (9:30 pm)
- December 19: Elf (7 pm) and A Christmas Story (9:30 pm)
- December 25-27 and January 1-3: Wonder Woman 1984