This annual conference in New York brings together cultural producers — including artists, critics, writers and curators — to discuss how their work engages pressing issues affecting the world.
The prestigious group of speakers and panelists include:
- Critic and writer Lucy Lippard
- Writer Rebecca Solnit
- Professor of urban theory Neil Brenner
- Artist Vito Acconci
- Artist/curator Ana Maria Millan
- Heidelberg project executive director Jenenne Whitfield
- Artist/activist Mel Chin
- Project Row Houses founding director Rick Lowe
Find a full schedule here (times listed at Creative Time's website are Eastern).
At the Houston screening, you have an opportunity to process and respond with local artists, thinkers and professionals. Local attendees will be invited to share their responses to the summit and the local conversations on the Center for Arts Leadership's website.
The screening will be held in Farish Hall, Kiva Room 101. Find directions here.