The 2013 Houston Modern Home Tour explores examples of modern architecture via a self-guided driving tour. Participating homeowners get to show off their cool, modern dwellings to neighbors for a day, and local architects get the spotlight in this city-wide gallery of their work.
Participating homes on the 2013 Houston Modern Home Tour will open their doors to tour-goers from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. The architects and neighborhoods featured include:
- A sophisticated, minimalist three-level home by Strasser Ragni Architects in the heart of the Neartown-Montrose neighborhood
- A mid-century restoration to a 1955 ranch house by Janusz Design in the southern end of University Place
- A beautiful new modern home by Hollenbeck Architects in Bellaire
- A 1926 historic bungalow in historic Houston Heights, completely updated and modernized by Brett Zamore Design
- A brand new, elegant and Modern Tuscan-style home in Piney Point by Bellaire Builders
- A second home, nicknamed the "Tree House," by Strasser Ragni Architects located in the Montrose district
- Another newly-built modern home with grand interior spaces that envelope a central pool courtyard, designed by Allen Bianchi Architects in Boulevard Oaks
A portion of the proceeds will benefit Lawndale Art Center. Click here for specific addresses.
$30 in advance; $40 at the door.
All events are subject to change due to weather or other concerns. Please check with the venue or organization to ensure an event is taking place as scheduled.