The mission of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is to advance cures and means of prevention for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion, or a family's ability to pay.
The regional fundraising offices in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Houston put on hundreds of fundraising events, such as galas, golf tournaments, and walks and marathons, throughout the year in those cities and surrounding areas. If you are interested in supporting St. Jude, there are several committee openings and event day volunteer opportunities.
St. Jude hosts several events, including:
- The St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer, a national event happens in more than 60 cities on the same day
- The Rock n Roll Series, a half marathon and marathon in San Antonio and Dallas
- The Houston Marathon, where St. Jude Heroes register to Run for a Reason and raise money for St. Jude while earning free race entry and other incentives
- Friends of St. Jude Crawfish Boil, with all-you-can-eat crawfish and live music
- St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway in Waco and San Antonio, where a $100 ticket enters participants for a chance to win a house with an estimated value of $575,000, or other great prizes
- The St. Jude Spring Fling Cornhole Tournament at Four Corners Brewery on May 18, 2019.
The St. Jude Young Professionals of Dallas are a dedicated group of Young Professionals in the community dedicated to raising funds and awareness to support the mission of St. Jude. You can become involved by joining the leadership board and serving the mission of St. Jude by helping plan upcoming events while creating networking opportunities and happy hours for like-minded young professionals.
The membership fee is $50 annually per person, which includes quarterly happy hours, networking events, and first opportunity to purchase discounted tickets for signature events.