this week's hot headlines
Galveston's new, $250 million resort leads this week's 5 hottest Houston headlines
Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. New $250M Margaritaville Resort set to break ground in Galveston. Plans call for myriad amenities, including pickleball courts, a family entertainment center, and a lazy river along with an adult pool.
2. 11 Houston chefs and restaurants score James Beard Award semifinalist nominations for 2024. Our local chefs and restaurants garnered more nominations than any other Texas city.
3. Coltivare's owner dishes on his new hot spots, plus a beast of restaurant in Spring. The conversation focuses on the company's new concepts in EaDo, HiWay Cantina and Lightnin's Good Times.
4. 2 Heights-area restaurants set to shutter — for very different reasons. One closing will be a celebration of a 30-year career in hospitality, while the other comes due to a crushing debt.
5. Dominique Sachse reveals new TV gig on Dr. Phil's network and shares message to fans. The new show launches on February 26.