If you're staying in town this New Year's Eve, ring out the old and ring in the new at these dining hot spots. Most are offering special multi-course prix fixe menus, a champagne toast and special music from a DJ or live. (If we missed your fave location, add it in the comments section below):
- UP Restaurant: With a five-star, four-course New Year's Eve menu at 6 and 9 p.m., UP Restaurant in Highland Village won't let you down this holiday season. The Bubba and Greg Duo will be singing from 7 to 10:30 p.m. and then a DJ will be spinning 'til close. The cost: $125 per person at 6 p.m. and $150 per person at 9 p.m.
- 024 Grille: Will serve a five-course menu. The cost: $65 per person without wine pairings. $100 per person with wine pairings.
- Branch Water Tavern: Enjoy dishes by Executive Chef David Grossman and live music from 8 p.m. to midnight plus a champagne toast when the clock strikes 12. The cost: $75 per person at 7 and 7:30 p.m. $85 per person at 9 and 9:30 p.m. Wine pairings available for an extra cost.
- benjy's: The Washington Avenue location will serve a 3-course menu from 7:30 p.m. to midnight. The cost: $61 per person.
- The Grove: This downtown locale will offer a four-course menu on New Year's Eve and a complimentary glass of champagne at midnight. The cost: $65 per person.
- Down House: The second annual New Year's Eve Bash includes a four-course dinner paired with beer, wine, and cocktails. As well, there will be a champagne toast at midnight plus a DJ and dancing. The cost: The $100 ticket includes tax and gratuity.
- Bistro Alex: Brennan’s Family Restaurant, Bistro Alex, will offer two seatings, 6 and 9 p.m., each with a four-course menu. The cost: $79 per person at 6 p.m. The $99 per person at 9 p.m.
- Sparrow Bar + Cookshop: Monica Pope will serve up an evening of fun and food at Sparrow Bar + Cookshop with a four-course dinner plus complimentary treats like a starter of champagne and savory macaroons. The cost: $65 per person with a $30 wine pairing option.
- Triniti Restaurant: Will feature a five-course dinner menu at 6 p.m. and an eight-course dinner menu at 9 p.m. with a midnight champagne toast. The cost: $65 per person at 6 p.m.; Wine pairing options are an additional $45. $95 per person at 9 p.m.; Wine pairing options available for $55. Happy hour: Enjoy reverse happy hour at Triniti from 11 p.m. to close.
- Frank's Americana Revival: Will have a four-course prix menu available starting at 5:30 p.m. The cost: $59.00 per person not including tax, gratuity or alcohol.
- Backstreet Cafe: Offers a four-course menu, complimentary champagne toast at midnight, and live music by Bob Chadwick. The cost: $72 per person plus beverages, tax and gratuity.
- Mockingbird Bistro: Will be serving up a four-course menu, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. The cost: $85 per person plus tax and gratuity. $125 per person with Sommelier’s Wine Pairing.
- L’Olivier Restaurant: Will offer a three-course menu at 5 p.m. and a four-course menu at 7 and 9:30 p.m. The cost: $45 per person at 5 p.m. $85 per person at 7 and 9:30 p.m.
- Philippe Restaurant + Lounge: Celebrate New Year’s Eve in style with a special four-course, prix fixe menu. Then head downstairs to Phil’s Wine Lounge where there will be a DJ from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. Ring in the New Year with a complimentary champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight. The cost: $135 per person for the four-course, prix fixe menu highlighting black truffles. A la carte: Items like the Chilean Turbot for $45, and Cowboy steak for $50, are also available.
- Étoile Cuisine et Bar: Will offer an amuse bouche in addition to a three-course prix fixe menu this New Year's Eve. The cost: $68 per person.
- Prego: Will have a four-course dinner with seating beginning at 5 p.m. Prego's Vegetable Plate will be available for those wanting a vegetarian option. The cost: $60 plus tax and gratuity. Kid’s menu available for $10.
- Katsuya by S+arck: Celebrate "Katsuya 54" this New Year's Eve with sights and sounds reminiscent of Studio 54. The evening will feature a DJ, photo booth and party favors. Seatings are available at 7, 9 and 11 p.m. The prix fixe menu includes a complimentary Grey Goose Cocktail, bottomless hot sake and a champagne toast. The cost: $95 per person. A la carte: Regular menu also available.
- Latin Bites: Will be available for seatings throughout the day and will be offering a six-course menu. The cost: $60 per person with optional wine pairings for $30 and cocktail pairings for $40. Happy hour: In addition to the prix fixe menu, enjoy happy hour from 5:30 to 7 p.m. when appetizers are half off and a handful of Latin Bites’ signature cocktails are just $5.
- Cuchara: Will offer a six-course New Year's Eve menu with open seating from 5 to 7 p.m. The bar will remain open for open seating all night. At 9 p.m. there will be a Mexico City Celebration with traditions such as eating a spoonful of lentils. DJ Volcan will be spinning. The cost: $70 dinner only. $100 with cocktail and wine pairings.
- Hugo’s: Will have a four-course menu plus live music by Viento and a champagne toast at midnight. The cost: $72 per person, plus beverage, tax and gratuity.
- Reef: At 9 p.m., Reef will offer a five-course menu. Included in the price — a balloon drop and champagne toast following the sabering of a 9-liter bottle of Perrier-Jouet by Chef Caswell at midnight. The cost: $85 per person. A la carte: Starting at 6 p.m., the a la carte dinner menu will be available.
- Sullivan's Steakhouse: Executive Chef Horacio Degante has created a four-course dinner menu for New Year's Eve. The cost: $59 per person from 4:30 to 6 p.m. $79 per person after 6 p.m. For a $20 cover charge, Ringside Lounge at Sullivan's will feature The Brew.
- Del Frisco's: Ring in 2013 with an 8-oz. filet mignon & 8oz lobster tail. The cost: $74 per person. A la carte: Regular menu selections are also available.
- Messina Hof: Will host Winery Winter Wonderland. The celebration begins with dinner at the Vintage House Restaurant. After dinner, guests are invited to grace the dance floor with music from DJ Tom Byer. Messina Hof wine, cocktails and champagne will be flowing. The cost: Pricing starts at $49.99 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- The Tasting Room Uptown Park: A three-course wine dinner is available from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The New Year's Eve party is from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Celebrate the new year with live music, champagne toast, midnight balloon drop, and two complimentary glasses of sparkling wine. The cost: Varies from $50 to $175 — tickets are available for dinner only, the party only, or both.
Check back with CultureMap for stories on the best New Year's Eve hotel deals and other ways to celebrate the arrival of 2013.