Famed Phoenix restaurateur blows up Texas real big — without straws
Fox Restaurant Concepts, which has already opened a number of restaurants in Houston and across Texas, has more in the works.
Founded by mad genius Sam Fox in 1998, the Phoenix-based company has almost 50 locations and 13 unique concepts throughout the U.S., such as North Italia and Flower Child.
Fox will open seven restaurants in Texas by early 2019 — and he'll do it without straws.
According to a spokesperson, Fox has joined a growing number of companies such as Eataly and Chicago-based Lettuce Entertain You in his decision to eliminate the use of plastic straws in all of his restaurants.
"He'll offer eco-friendly straws to those who need them for health reasons, but only by request," the spokesperson says.
The new straw policy is already in effect. Yay!
Fox Restaurant concepts currently has eight restaurants in Texas, including three locations of Flower Child; four locations of North Italia; and one location of Culinary Dropout.
Upcoming Fox Restaurant Concept openings in Houston include:
- Flower Child, the healthy concept, opening a location in Uptown in summer 2018
- Flower Child, opening a location in the Woodlands in spring 2019
- Blanco Tacos + Tequila, a new-to-Texas concept, opening at the Galleria in fall 2018.
Other openings in Texas are centered around Dallas and include:
- North Italia, the from-scratch Italian restaurant with pizza and pasta, will open a location in Uptown Dallas in fall 2018.
- The Henry, the all-day neighborhood restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, opening in Uptown in winter 2018.
- Flower Child, opening a location in Addison in early 2019.
- Flower Child, opening a location in North Dallas, although the lease is still being negotiated.
All told, Fox will open 18 new restaurants through the U.S. this year.