A new season of Project Runway kicks off Jan. 14 on Lifetime, but right now Tim Gunn is only thinking about the holidays. We asked the style guru for some holiday dressing tips and he e-mailed us this list. Ponder them as you get ready for the last round of seasonal parties.
- Do stick with the 10 essentials every woman should have in her closet and they will take you through the holiday season, especially that little black dress! Update your look by adding bold statement jewelry or pairing your dress with a great pair of shoes in the color of your choice.
- Don't be afraid of metallics. Whether it's your shoes, your handbag or your jewelry, metallics are a fun way to jazz up your look this holiday season. But remember, less is more! Use metallics as accents, never drape yourself in them!
- Do take the time to shop for a party look that fits! Even though there is hardly ever a moment during the holiday season, don't be caught in something that is too big or too small or it will take away from the beauty of your purchase.
- Don't dress in themed sweaters! They are very cute, but they are not fashionable.
- Do acknowledge that there should be a difference in what you wear to a holiday party with friends and a holiday office party. Tone down your 'glam' for your office party by sticking to strategically incorporated embellishments and accessories.
- Don’t be afraid to shop alone. Women can too often be talked into purchasing something that isn't right for their personality or style.