The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo today announced its Value Days entertainers — Trace Adkins (March 2), Martina McBride (March 9) and Miranda Lambert (March 16).
Trace Adkins has been in the country music charts since 1996 and has a career that spans two greatest-hits compilations and a stint on Celebrity Apprentice. "The Celine Dion of country music," McBride is famous for hits like "Independence Day" and ties Reba McIntire for most wins as the Country Music Association's Female Vocalist of the Year. Lambert is perhaps the lineup's biggest coup, with three Grammy nods this year — including best country album — under her 27-year-old belt.
The performers join the Zac Brown Band, Brad Paisley, Selena Gomez and Sugarland as confirmed 2011 Houston Rodeo artists. The remaining entertainment lineup is slated to be announced Jan. 10.
Season tickets and mini-season tickets, with nine performances in each option, are available on the rodeo website, by phone at 832-667-1080, or in person on the second floor of Reliant Center Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Individual tickets will go on sale Jan. 15; the rodeo runs March 1 - 20.
Performers at the Rodeo's smaller, more intimate 21-and-up venue The Hideout have also been announced:
- Tuesday, March 1 – Gary P. Nunn
- Wednesday, March 2 – Honeybrowne
- Thursday, March 3 – Cody Johnson
- Friday, March 4 – Keith Frank
- Saturday, March 5 – Jarrod Birmingham
- Sunday, March 6 – DJ Music
- Monday, March 7 – Honky Tonk Heroes
- Tuesday, March 8 – Paul Eason
- Wednesday, March 9 – Jamie Richards
- Thursday, March 10 – Turnpike Troubadours
- Friday, March 11 – JD Newbury
- Saturday, March 12 – Zona Jones
- Sunday, March 13 – Go Tejano Day
- Monday, March 14 – Brian Burke
- Tuesday, March 15 – Rob Baird
- Wednesday, March 16 – Kyle Park
- Thursday, March 17 – Mark McKinney
- Friday, March 18 – Kenefick
- Saturday, March 19 – Todd Fritsch
- Sunday, March 20 – Kyle Bennett Band