Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Brave woman faces her double mastectomy with a dance party in the operating room. Deborah Cohan is a woman who knows how to have a good time. She didn't let life-altering surgery stop her from busting a move; instead she used the experience to get an entire operating room to bust a move. Cohan went with Beyoncé's 2009 hit "Get Me Bodied" as the soundtrack for her surgery, earning her major style points.
2. This baby pygmy hippo is winning everything. It's extremely rare for pygmy hippos to give birth, much less to male offspring. So this little guy is king of the jungle at Whipsnade Wild Animal Park in England. "I would say he is probably the most important pygmy hippo in Europe if not one of the top ones in the whole world," gushes Mark Holden, giddy wildlife worker.
3. Alanis Morissette to adapt hit album Jagged Little Pill for Broadway. In a surprising turn of events, alternative rocker Alanis Morissette is setting her sights on Broadway. She will use all of the songs from the Jagged Little Pill, which includes angry ballads "You Oughta Know" and "Ironic."
4. Onion joins the digital revolution. After 25 years, everyone's favorite satirical newspaper will no longer have a print version. The December 12 issue will mark the final print product, which was available for free in Chicago; Milwaukee; and Providence, Rhode Island. Welcome to the digital club, Onion. It's better here.
5. Eighteen things you probably didn't know about the movie Elf. Believe it or not, it's actually been 10 years since Elf first delighted audiences everywhere. Not since Home Alone has a Christmas movie touched our hearts and tickled our funny bones so much. But even if you can quote Elf line-by-line, chances are you didn't know these behind-the-scenes factoids. (The Theatre Under the Stars musical version of Elf opens Dec. 6 at the Hobby Center.)