Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Houston superstar chef Chris Shepherd stunned by best-in-world ranking. "I don’t know how to feel about that. It’s a little weird,” the chef told CultureMap about the accolade he received from The Robb Report.
2. 'Meat lover's paradise' will replace legendary Montrose Indian restaurant. After Indika closes at the end of the month, restaurateur Mickey Kapoor will replace it with a new establishment called Bukhara.
3. Hip Austin Filipino restaurant picks The Heights for first Houston location. Be More Pacific will bring its innovative cuisine and cocktails to the Heights this fall.
4. Hip Houston neighborhood welcomes nod as one of the friendliest in U.S. The Heights ranks as one of America's friendliest neighborhoods, according to National Geographic Traveler.
5. 11 best craft beer bars in Houston's hottest neighborhoods. Our beer expert picks his favorite spots in central Houston to quaff a cold brew.