Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. Upscale Italian eatery's sudden shutter makes way for Houston neighborhood favorite. Eatalia has closed, making way for a new Barnaby's Cafe outside the Loop.
2. Houston restaurant institution announces shutter and massive makeover with major restaurateur. The beloved Café Annie has closed — but not for long, as restaurateur Ben Berg has taken over and will reopen a new concept this fall.
3. Montrose mainstay cafe and popular patio spot suddenly shutters after a decade. Popular for its breakfast, brunch, and patio, Canopy in Montrose has announced that it will close.
4. 5 things we learned about Game of Thrones stars Emilia Clarke and Nathalie Emmanuel at Houston's Comicpalooza. The Game of Thrones actresses charmed and entertained a massive and adoring crowd at a packed Comicpalooza.
5. Houston's newest water park makes a splash with opening date reveal. The wildly anticipated Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures at Grand Texas will open on Saturday, May 25.