This Week's Hot Headlines
Slain baseball star's marriage, worst cities in Texas and hot sushi spots lead this week's top stories
Editor’s note: It's time to recap the most popular stories on CultureMap from this past week:
1. A home run: Center fielder scored big with high-style model. The tragic death of former baseball player and executive Darryl Hamilton's renewed interest in a 2010 article about his relationship with his former model wife.
2. It's the pits: 3 of Top 10 Worst Places To Live In Texas are in Houston area, new survey says. A new ranking analyzing the 238 most populous cities in the state includes three Houston-area cities among the worst places to live.
3. Houston's 10 best sushi restaurants: One stands above the rest, but lots of fine choices abound. Food editor Eric Sandler compiled a comprehensive list of Houston's stand-out spots for sushi, so let the debate begin.
4. Wait Wait...Tell Me! Host of hit show defends Kim Kardashian and crushes on Paula Poundstone. Prior to the taping of NPR's hilarious weekly news panel game in Houston, its host shares insights on the backlash from Kim Kardashian's recent appearance.
5. Daydream-worthy Houston backyards perfect for outdoor entertaining: Stunning designs for lounging around (nearly) all year long. Check out a number of incredibly designed outdoor spaces that are sure to provide some serious inspiration.