Looking for a hotel hoedown in West Hollywood complete with marketing brilliance, hospitable service 24 hours a day and a location Realtors drool over right in the middle of all the action you traveled for? Then look no further than Farmer’s Daughter, a boutique hotel located directly across the street from the popular Farmer’s Market and The Grove shopping complex.
Just inches away from red carpets and velvet ropes, the 66-room boutique hotel exudes all the Southern hospitality any traveler could want.
It’s true that every corner of LA, along with every beach and shopping nook within the city confines, has its own personality, and Farmer’s Daughter is verifiable proof of that. Just inches away from red carpets and velvet ropes, the 66-room boutique hotel exudes all the Southern hospitality any traveler could want. If you’re looking for a little bit (or a lot) of Texas on the west-coast at a reasonable LA price (a little over $200 a night on most nights), check out this spot.
When it comes to the décor, think of a comfortable farmhouse with luminous paintings of farm animals, with denim comforters, painted murals, copper tables, and even a few rooms topped off with ceiling mirrors. Exactly what the farmer ordered. As long as you’re not staying in one of those ceiling mirrored rooms with his daughter!
There are also brilliant marketing sayings throughout — the door tag to hang outside your door, with one side: “Please gussy up” and the other: “Don’t come a knockin’ if this room’s a rockin’."
Other unique amenities offered at Farmer’s Daughter:
- How about free bike rentals for guests for a romantic ride throughout Los Angeles or just to skip through the traffic?
- A co-op shopping area in the hotel lobby where lemonade and sweet tea are served for guests passing through or checking in. SHOP: Add Our Story To Yours.
- A Lending Library located outside the hotel’s front doors, where guests can borrow and/or leave books. Remember, sharing is caring, especially while traveling.
- An outdoor, retro-style pool already occupied by a few rubber duckies, marking the perfect setting for a retro photoshoot.
- Postcards. Free. In the lobby, ready for your taking. All you need is a pen and a stamp and you can quickly say hello to your favorite friends and family from your new favorite hotel in West Hollywood.
The restaurant, TART, is a great place for brunch (hint: bottomless mimosas). You can sit inside or outside and the atmosphere is casual yet uniquely chic and full of Southern twists. Another bonus, as if you needed one after the mention of bottomless mimosas: Free WiFi. Boom. Did someone say working lunch?
Tart Restaurant menu/story:
HOLLYWOOD is a place like no other. This is where the dreamers and their dreams can become reality.
It is the place where a farmer’s daughter got off the bus and embraced her god-given assets to become somebody. She let down her pigtails and became a city slicker.
She is now the envy of the city girls and the toast of the men in town. She may have lost a few things on the way to the top but she held on to her love of the small town, the comfort of mamma’s hospitality and the gift of good cookin’.
Oh, and Rodney Atkin’s once sang a song just about Farmer’s Daughters. So enjoy.