For all the commercial and charity-generated Halloween parties going on in recent days, probably none could top the annual invitation-only bash that Karen and Roland Garcia held at their Memorial area estate Saturday night.
Think ghosts and goblins hanging from trees, vast stretches of lawn transformed into a graveyard complete with billowing fog and dead bodies. Add more than 250 costumed party animals and you get the picture.
Diversions that kept the crowd rocking into the wee morning hours:
* A light show by LD Systems choreographed to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" and to the Rocky Horror Picture Show's "Time Warp."
* A montage of horror movies shown on a 15 X 20 outdoor screen and on TVs in the house.
* Silhouette-cutting by Cindi Rose.
* Astrology readings by Herb Hochman.
* Frightening foodie delights from Barbara McKnight's Catering by Culinaire.
* Gene Wu channeling Jeremy Lin, Erica Rose beguiling as a witch, Dan Kamin as Popeye, etc.
The hobgoblin parade included co-hosts Kristin Garcia and fiance Aaron Blomquist, Philamena and Arthur Baird, Erica Rose, Miya Shay, City Councilmen Stephen Costello and Ed Gonzalez, Metro board chairman Gilbert Garcia, Kay and Fred Zeidman, Shirley and Jim Dannenbaum and so many more.
While this was a private party, donations were accepted for the Holly Rose Ribbon Foundation.