Editor's note: It's time to recap the top stories on CultureMap from this past week.
1. 10 best Houston restaurants to take out-of-town guests, from award-winners to classics. We think all of the restaurants on the CultureMap top 100 are worth visiting, but these 10 are particularly notable.
2. Bryan Caswell suddenly shutters his Midtown seafood restaurant. Reef helped shape the city's contemporary dining landscape, but it couldn't recover from being closing for two years after Hurricane Harvey.
3. Hip Montrose patio bar serves its last Houston-centric cocktail. Citing "unforseen circumstances," promising patio bar Lotti Dotti closed after less than six months in business.
4. Fresh new healthy eating restaurant ready to satisfy River Oaks. Satisfy, a new restaurant from Brasserie 19 owners Clark Cooper Concepts, will offer a range of vegetable forward, gluten-free dishes when it opens next year.
5. 13 Houston bartenders boldly bare it all for charity calendar. "It’s not sexual. It’s mostly comical," says creator Shelly Wilburn.