Ah, fall: 'Tis the season for football, decorative gourds and hiding alcohol in traditional treats.
If you're looking for a boozy treat to go with your eggnog and Irish coffee, Crave Cupcakes has just the thing. The local cupcakery is debuting its first ever adults-only cupcake.
The Maker's Mark cupcake is made of spice cake with a shot of the Kentucky bourbon for a warm fall glow, and will be available at the Rice Village and Uptown Park Crave locations from Nov. 1-14.
Think holiday treats are better when they're homemade? Crave is even sharing the recipe:
Crave Maker's Mark Cupcake
1 1/2 cup (350g) butter
2 1/4 cup (530g) brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup (8oz) Maker's Mark
1 cup (8oz) buttermilk
2 cup (460g) granulated sugar
5 1/2 cup (790g) flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup (400g) chopped pecans
1. Combine flour, soda, allspice, and salt and whisk together
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer.
3. Beat the eggs separately until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add the beaten eggs into the butter and sugar.
5. Alternate addition of flour and liquid at low speed. Beat slowly until well blended.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Start checking at 27 minutes with a toothpick.
(You'll have to make your own icing — Crave says their recipe has a secret ingredient.)