No one knows exactly where the term came from — perhaps a tribute to Yves Saint Laurent's iconic "Le Smoking" tuxedo of the mid-60s? — but the smoking slipper has been a huge trend this fall, reflecting the influence of menswear tailoring in many womenswear collections and offering a chic twist on the ballet slipper.
For spring, Prada has launched a new collection of smoking slippers that can be worn in a casual way with jeans or dressed up with cocktail attire for a night on the town.
Choose from styles (left to right in above photo) that include:
- iridescent velvet with embroidery of a monkey in satin thread
- a combination of three-color sequins that recall iconic images of Prada flowers
- brushed leather with metal studs and hand stitched paillettes
- patent leather with plex embroidery and hand stitched paillettes
- a version in simple two-color patent leather.
Available at Prada Houston Galleria or online at prada.com.