It's easy to think of CITYCENTRE as only a fabulous shopping destination — and with good reason.
The chic mixed-use development has premier boutiques that will make both men and women fashionistas salivate at the sight of on trend jackets from Dryden Kreps and stylish accessories from Elaine Turner. Cash or charge?
But CITYCENTRE knows that just as important as looking great on the outside is feeling ecstatic on the inside, something that's achieved with the many fitness opportunities that are held in this West Houston locale.
This is when we suggest — after watching the video above that features interviews with Cathy Knauss of Life Time Athletic, Bevello boutique manager Annie Georgen and Child Advocates special events manager Kelly Goth — that you grab your calendar or favorite electronic toy and save the dates for happenings suitable for the health-conscious consumer.
That would be you.
- The green 6.2 10K Run on April 26 raises awareness about Earth Day in Houston.
- Lululemon Athletica hosts complimentary yoga classes on Sundays, 11 a.m.-noon.
- Dancing Under the Stars, hosted by CITYCENTRE from 7-10 p.m. on the last Saturday of the month, brings popular hits in a family-friendly ambiance.
- Life Time Athletic, in addition to an ambitious lineup of calorie-burning classes, offers Yoga Under the Stars on the plaza, held on the fourth Sunday of every month.
- The CityCentre Running Club meets at Ruggles Green every Monday between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. for a 5K run.
- The Child Advocates Superhero Run, held in October, is a family fun run that includes 5K and 1K courses.
- The Ride of a Lifetime, benefiting MD Anderson Cancer Center, is a high-energy cycling class in March that promotes cancer prevention.