Spring is here so it's time to switch out your winter coats for something on-trend this season. A slew of stylists and stores are offering their recommendations on how to fresh up your spring wardrobe without spending too much.
She's also selected five seasonal staples that will have you looking sharp, and they're ones you can wear again and again this spring:
- Shiny track pants – a staple to keep daytime casual or glam up for a night out
- Raindrop earrings – shiny and cylindrical to help you sparkle as you move
- Cinch bags – a fresh take on the structured bucket bag that complements any style
- Polished gunmetal cuffs – the perfect combination of fierce and elegant
- Canvas sneakers – a classic comfort throwback returns for spring
"While this season is blooming with exciting trends, these five easy pieces for spring will add a 'wow' factor to any outfit," said Gurley.
Tanger Outlets is also giving away a $1,000 shopping spree for a new wardrobe. Shoppers can enter to win by tagging #tangerstyle in their social media posts while shopping at one of the outlets.
Trendy retailer H&M says spring is all about layering and updating your wardrobe with bright pops of color and fun prints. Among the big trends:
- Floral patterns — A flowy dress in blue and green hues from H&M’s Conscious collection can be accessorized with a statement floppy hat
- Boho chic — Pair a '70s-inspired blouse with a suede jacket and a flare leg jean
- Pastels for men — Chino shorts in a bright shad paired with a striped polo provides a classic yet contemporary look. Other must-have items to freshen up a spring wardrobe also include a linen bomber jacket and skinny fit pants that can transition from day to night
Get a 20 percent discount off your entire purchase by donating old clothes to H&M’s garment collecting initiative.
CultureMap editor-in-chief and style guru Clifford Pugh contributed to this article.