Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Starbucks plans to send its employees to college for free. Working as a barista just became an actual investment in your career. Starbucks is taking work perks to a whole new level by offering to pay for employees' online college classes at Arizona State University.
2. Discover your Game of Thrones warrior name. The season finale of GOT aired last weekend, and we're all going through Westeros withdrawals. Comfort yourself with Zimbio's Game of Thrones name generator.
3. Korea's Jindo Dog is the cutest animal you've never heard of. Korea's 53rd National Treasure is a loyal hunting dog named after the coastal island from which it originates. Jindo and its dogs are getting international attention after the deadly ferry accident off its coast.
4. Why Americans call soccer 'soccer.' Because Americans pride ourselves on being different, it's easy to believe that we came up with our own name for what is internationally known as football just for the sport of it. As it turns out, larger forces were at play in the decision.
5. There are 250 new emojis coming in July. If your texting habits are feeling a bit stale, relief is on the way. The emojipedia has announced 250 new characters will be released in July. The middle finger is already an early favorite.
6. University of Miami just recruited a 9-year-old girl for its basketball program. Score one for the argument that kids these days are growing up too fast. Jaden Newman hasn't even hit double-digits, and she's already making college visits.