Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. "My son looks like" is our new favorite Tumblr. Babies are prone to gazes of wonder, amusement and confusion. As it turns out, so are celebrities. New mom Shawn Warner-Garcia is cracking us up with these side-by-side comparisons of her 4-month old son, Austin, to a host of Hollywood hunks.
2. Man wins the unconditional love of a goose. For about three years, a Los Angeles man has been best friends with a goose. He visits the waterbird almost daily. "They walk around the park together like they are in love," a zoo keeper says.
3. Peru tells tourists to stop getting naked at Machu Picchu. Inexplicably, some people think the jagged rocks and towering staircases at Machu Picchu are the perfect backdrop for nude photography. Peru officials just want everyone to keep their pants on, which seems like a fair request at a historic landmark.
4. Here's the first thing your favorite celebrity said on Twitter. The 140-character social media site turned eight years old this week. Celebrate by reading celebrities' first-ever tweets. The Buzzfeed list includes this gem from Mindy Kaling: "Oh shit I'm on Twitter guys."
5. New study says your race determines your earwax scent. Human earwax has never before been the subject of rigorous scientific study. "We like to think it's going to be an exciting, novel area for environmental information," the head researcher told NPR. "We're going to see what we can find." Next up under the microscope: toe jam.